+65 6466 7957 / 96
||+65 6466 5927|
CWA provides Welfare and Social Support services to assist the seniors and their caregivers in their caregiving journey.
Services/ Programmes for Seniors
1) The Mind-Active Programme
CWA has initiated the Mind–Active Programme to provide group-based cognitive stimulation and social activities for seniors.
An important facet of finding a good balance in managing our general wellbeing is not only staying cognitively active, but also being physically active as often as we can. Like physical exercises which help strengthen our bodies, stimulating our minds cognitively can also result in beneficial outcomes like improving our memories in the long run.
Some benefits which cognitive engagement activities can bring about in a senior are being more focused, improvement in one’s planning skills, and even in developing problem-solving skills. Besides the cognitive benefits, the senior’s social network of friends may also be widened through the Mind-Active programme.
What is 'Mind-Active'?
Mind-Active is a centre-based programme which caters for healthy and active seniors.
During the programme, seniors will be engaged in various cognitive activities such as:
- Reminiscence activities
- Art as a form of therapy
- Music interaction
- Physical exercises
- Puzzles and games
To sign up, please drop an e-mail to email@example.com and we will respond promptly!
Frequency: Once a month
When: Wednesday afternoon (tentative)
Time: 2.30pm to 4.30pm
Price: $15 per session (Inclusive of light refreshments)
Who conducts the session? (Nurse and programme coordinator)
(Pre-intake assessment may be conducted by our nurse)
For more information, please click here or contact us at 6466 7996
2) Homecare Services
What are Homecare Services?
The Caregiving Welfare Association (CWA) aims to provide quality care that promotes seniors' well-being at home, and reduce the need for hospital re-admission or being institutionalized, thereby meeting the health and social care needs of seniors.
*Home Personal Care (HPC)
- Companionship services (eg. befriending, grocery shopping, medication reminders, errand services, etc.)
- Personal Care services (eg. personal hygiene - bathing/bed bath, grooming, change of diapers and toileting, lifting and transferring, assisting with eating & drinking, etc.)
- Exercise and Recreation (eg. assist in simple exercises and mind-stimulating activities)
- Medical escort service
Who should apply?
- Aged 55 years or older
- Frail and/or homebound seniors
We accept referral from:
- Clinics (General Practitioners)
- Self-referral/ Consented referral by a representative or service provider on your behalf
Seniors who qualify for HPC through means testing will be eligible for government subsidy.
Home Health Service (Home Medical and Home Nursing)
• Wound dressing and Stoma Care
• Maintenance of catheters and drainage tubes
• Changing of feeding tubes
• Monitoring of vital signs, etc
• Medication management
Medical Care (Medical house calls by our team of doctors)
• Medical check, consultation and treatment
Home Rehabilitation (New)
• Conduct simple physical exercises prescribed by Physiotherapists
• Advise on the usage of assistive devices
e.g. walking frames etc.
For more information on HPC services, please click here
3) In-House Health Screening
Members of CWA will get to enjoy free health checks by our in-house nurse. Contact us to find out more.
4) Supermarket/ Taxi vouchers to support the needy seniors
Your regular gift of monthly donation of supermarket vouchers could help bring joy and warmth to the less fortunate seniors. For example, you may click here to find out more about how to purchase NTUC Fairprice vouchers (we accept vouchers from any other supermarket as well).
This is to provide our seniors with the option of purchasing their daily essential needs, as such CWA will not be giving out provisions but instead handout supermarket voucher to our clients.
For any other kind of donations such as electronics products, please contact us at 6466 7957 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Services for Seniors and Family Caregivers
1) Case Management & Supportive Counselling
Caregiving is a full-time responsibility that can be very taxing on family caregivers. CWA provides case management & supportive counselling services for family caregivers/ spouses to help them cope with the emotional burden as they care for their loved ones.
We focus on:
- Clinical social work intervention
- Therapeutic Group Work
- Social Engagement
- Supportive Counselling
*Case management & supportive counselling can be conducted according to your level of comfort and need. This is done through:
- Home based or CWA Center based meet up
- Referral to the most appropriate service providers for specific needs
Please contact us at 6466 7996/ 7957 or email email@example.com to make an appointment. You may also give consent to a representative or service provider to make the referral for you.
(*Case management & supportive counselling service is strictly by appointment only)
2) Caregiver Support Group
CWA runs two caregiver support groups per month with one on a week day and the other on a weekend for family caregivers to connect with one another. Both support groups are conducted at our office located at Block 3, Ghim Moh Road. Please click HERE for more information about the support groups.
Purpose of the support group:
- To provide an avenue for caregivers to share information and experiences
- To allow caregivers to feel connected with one another and hear how others have coped with similar difficult situations
- To enable caregivers to express their emotions in a safe haven without the fear of being judged.
The Caregiver Support Group welcomes all family caregivers to join us. For registration enquiries, please contact us at 6466 7957 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also give consent for a representative or service provider to make the referral for you.
*Registration Fee: $15 per session (Inclusive of light refreshments)
*Means Testing will be used to assess clients who may have financial difficulties.
For referral of any of the above services, please complete the form and return to us via email or fax.